Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
- GCC is the critical needs facility and centralized receiving facility for Monroe County residents and remains OPEN.
- Regular hours of operation using the main number 305-434-7660 (press 4 for Key West, 5 for Marathon and 6 for Key Largo) 8 am to 5 pm Monday-Friday
- 24 hotline for Monroe County Behavioral Health Crisis is 305-434-7660 press 8
- Tele-health and telephonic will be the modality for continued services to be offered wherever possible.
- In person services are available at all sites when needed (intake, vitals, crisis, substance abuse groups and those who do not have access to phone/computer)
- All persons entering GCC buildings for services will be asked screening questions, temperatures taken and wear face coverings at all times.
- Personal Growth Center will reopen with limited access Tuesdays through Thursdays.
Since 1973 - Over 45 Years of Caring
Guidance/Care Center, Inc. (GCC) provides behavioral health services, education, and support to benefit:
- People from all incomes and walks of life
- Adults, children, and families
- Persons experiencing issues with mental health and/or substance abuse problems
- Persons in crisis
- Adults with serious and persistent mental illness
- Mothers and fathers working to be better parents
- Children and youth with a behavior problem
GCC works collaboratively with other agencies, schools, private providers, law enforcement, hospitals and other behavioral health providers to support and enhance the benefits to our clients, consumers and other stake holders. Services available to women and pregnant women receive preference. GCC serves all clients regardless of inability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income. For more information, see our client handbook under the program admission tab or ask our office staff.
LAST YEAR, THE GCC SERVED MORE THAN 14,000 INDIVIDUALS
AND PROVIDED MORE THAN 32,000 SERVICES.
GCC - Marathon
GCC - Key West
GCC - Key Largo
Download the G/CC General Brochure
Mobile Crisis Response Team
Community Action Team
Contact Information: For more information contact us at our CAT hotline at (305) 434-7660 ext. 31101
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Consumer-Run)
- Crisis Stabilization: Mental Health (Adults)
- Detoxification: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Diversion/Intervention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Criminal Justice)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
Guidance/Care Center Inc., is partially funded by:
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Thriving Minds South Florida contracting as SFBHN
- Monroe County
- Commission for Transportation Disadvantaged
- and other governmental/private entities.
Client fees and donations are also necessary for the operation of the Guidance/Care Center Inc. Private donations are welcome and are tax deductible
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.